As we move into this beautiful fall in Spokane, may the beauty of these days encourage all of us to raise our hearts and voices to God in grateful prayer. God has blessed us so richly in Christ and as a Fellowship. Below are a few things for which you may want to thank our Father …and intercede on behalf of in the coming days.
Thank you, Father, for…
- the dozens of people who have helped with the building remodeling to date.
- the nearly $60,000 we still have on hand to pay for impending remodeling (1st floor fire suppression system, new heating and air conditioning ducting, remodeled bathrooms, insulation of the whole first floor, roof repair, new ceiling, new walls, painting, etc.)
- temporary office space in the basement.
- permanent storage space in the basement.
- Mike, a retired brother from Post Falls, who is volunteering his weeks to oversee this project and our own Robert who has been a workhorse of a volunteer.
- a great Building Team overseeing the project.
- PERMITS! We heard back from the City this week and have very little in terms of changes we need to make before they grant us building permits.
Here’s what we still need to be seeking God’s provision and oversight of:
- A good occupancy rating for our assembly space (180+).
- The remaining $105,000 we think it will take to finish the project.
- Good, reasonable, quality and timely bids and work of sub-contractors for the above projects.
- Continued solid supply of volunteers.
Over the next week, you should be receiving a letter in the mail with more specifics about “Finishing What We Started” with the building. If you don’t get the letter, it’s probably because we don’t have your current mailing address. If that is the case, please either fill out your current mailing info on the Sunday “Connect” tear-off card or email Menesia at
Just a note about this weekend. Jesse will be delivering God’s word from the first chapter of James as we launch into a new series in that book this fall. He’ll also be sharing about some of his recent journey with cancer. Our brother, Jonathan, will also be sharing some of his story and God’s work in his life over the past few years. Come ready to give God your best and receive His best.
Immediately following the service on Sunday, September 18, from 12:00-3:00, we’ll be gathering at 39 W. 21st (our “bike storage garage) for another Bike Re-cycling BBQ. Mosaic will provide the hot dogs. Everyone else bring some side dishes or dessert. If you were at the last re-cycling BBQ, you know what fun it was and what an amazing help it was for our Bike Shop. Come enjoy the fellowship, food and fun!
Rejoicing in the journey together,