We have a bunch of sayings in English about hunger. Perhaps you can identify with some of them.
- I’m so hungry I could eat a horse!
- Hunger is the best ingredient to a good meal.
- One day of hunger is not starvation.
- A hungry dog hunts best.
- Hunger is sharper than the sword.
- Where there is Hunger, Law is not regarded; and where Law is not regarded, there will be Hunger. (Benjamin Franklin)
So, what kind of ‘hunger’ is this Covid quarantine producing in your soul?
I know for me it has made me hunger for fellowship with all of you, for conversations missed over lunches or coffee, for more time in the Father’s presence in prayer, for shared worship and the sounds of brothers and sisters singing praise together to our God…and much more.
If you find some of those same hungers nibbling at your soul, let me invite you to do one or more of the following.
- WEDNESDAY WORSHIP & PRAYER: While we have discontinued having nightly evening prayer times on Zoom (after nine weeks), we do have an opportunity to satiate our soul-hunger from 7:00-8:15 p.m. every Wednesday. You can gather either on Facebook Live or actually join us at the Mosaic Center for live worship, prayer and Scriptural meditation. For the live-feed, go to https://www.facebook.com/pg/MosaicFellowshipSpokane/videos/?ref=page_internal and click on the red “Live” button/video feed that will appear near 7:00 p.m.
- THURSDAY MORNING PRAYER: join us for a small group of prayer from 6:30-7:30 a.m. at the Mosaic Center OR join the Zoom.com feed at meeting number 378 243 011.
- MIDWEEK FELLOWSHIP GROUPS: if you are interested in starting a new group or being a part of a midweek Fellowship Group during this Covid-19 crisis and beyond, please let us know by emailing
- CHANGING LIVES: we are restarting Step Study Groups on Tuesday night, some building Bible studies and breakout groups after Saturday night’s Changing Lives Please see the Changing Lives Facebook page for updates.
- SUNDAY WORSHIP: if you are healthy and comfortable being part of a larger group, you are welcome to join us at one of the three reduced-size Sunday worship experiences at 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00 a.m. at the Center OR join us via our mosaicspokane.com link to our live service on-line. We apologize for the technical problems we’ve been experiencing the last few weeks and are working diligently to resolve them so as not to distract from what God may want to do with those services.
- EVERY DAY FELLOWSHIP: If you are just hungry for some one-on-one fellowship, don’t wait for someone to start a program or lift a lock-down. Instead, think of three people who you know who would also appreciate fellowship and start your own Facetime/Zoom/Skype or other group or just call them, chat and pray for each other. You know who God’s Spirit is nudging you to connect with and don’t need anyone’s permission to do so.
Hopefully everyone can find something in the above smorgasbord of worship, fellowship and spiritual food that will address the hunger God has put in all our souls for Him and the church He loves so dearly.
Satisfying soul-hunger with you in Jesus,