Dear Mosaic Family,
As we move into the weekend, we wanted to update you regarding specific plans and changes. In general, we are canceling all regular church services and any gatherings of over 10 people. Here are the particulars.
- No Women’s Tea. That has been postponed until sometime later.
- No Changing Lives. However, we will be serving care bags to those on the street from 4:00-5:30. Volunteer helpers who would like to prepare bags can come at 3:00 to the HUB.
- No in-Mosaic Center Worship Services. However, we will be going live on our Mosaic Fellowship Spokane Facebook page at 8:45 a.m. We will post that “service” after that and on YouTube for those of you who like a later service option. So make your coffee at home, get your Bible, plop down in your favorite chair and join us for a time of prayer, worship, teaching, interview and update.
Out of respect for our public health, State and Federal officials advising us all during this time, we are limiting all gatherings to ten people or less. If your Bible study or ministry group is ten or less, you may continue to meet at Mosaic. Just know that we will be capping all groups at ten for the next couple of weeks at least. (And while we’re doing daily cleaning of the Mosaic Center, every group is responsible to bleach-clean after they finish using any area.)
That doesn’t mean we cannot fellowship together in other important ways. In fact, we would like to encourage you to pursue fellowship in some of the following meaningful and creative ways:
- Call or text at least two or three of your brothers or sisters in Christ this week, check in with them to see how they are doing and pray for them.
- Create a Google Hangouts group of your own for a time of sharing, prayer, Bible study and fellowship. It’s very easy to make a group and meet via your computers with everyone interactively. Just go to the “Google Apps” icon (3-by-3 dots) on the right of the Google search page and scroll down to the green “Hangouts” icon and follow the prompts to help you make a group. You can invite whomever you wish to be a part of a group as long as they have a Google account.
- Join us for our virtual Wednesday night Prayer Gathering starting at 7:00 p.m. on Mosaic’s Facebook We had a wonderful experience of prayer last week. You can join us whenever you are available and stay as long as you like. Those of us who were actually at the gathering last week felt like we cut things short when we ended it at our normal time of eight o’clock. So we’ll try to be more attentive to the Spirit’s leading this week and go just as long as He indicates. If you would like to be a part of the live group at Mosaic, please let Pastor John know (
or 509-710-8026) just so we don’t exceed the maximum number of 10 participants.
- Prayer needs? Please go to our Prayer Wall to submit a request (http://www.mosaicspokane.com/prayer-request/). That way others can see that need and pray with you.
Just a thought about what we’re all experiencing with the COVID-19 limitations today. Many people are more spiritually sensitive than they have ever been right now. More opportunities exist for us to love, serve and minister to people needing Jesus than perhaps ever in our lifetimes.
The question seems to be, “Will we allow God to interrupt our routines through this crisis in ways He can use to revive us, His church, and awaken the lost in this world?” I can’t help but think that God is waiting to see what we will do with these fresh opportunities before pouring out a greater revival and in-gathering of souls to His Kingdom. Let’s be found faithful to use the opportunities He is giving us to serve Him more passionately, more personally and more powerfully.
May our Lord Jesus fill this beautiful spring weekend with the warmth of His sunshine, the joy of His presence and the fellowship of His saints (at least via electronic media if not somehow in person).