I trust this finds you enjoying some of the best weather days of our city. I’m praying they will also be some of the best outreach, ministry and fellowship days of the year too. Mark the following once-a-year events on your calendars and get ready to encounter God in fresh ways this month.
Next Monday, July 15th—Spokane Prayer Day
This coming Monday, Adult & Teen Challenge, the UGM, Mosaic Ministries and Loving Neighbors through Prayer is sponsoring a downtown prayer day. We are inviting you and anyone interested in impacting Spokane through prayer to one or both of two different prayer times being held at the Mosaic Center (606 W. 3rd Ave.) downtown.
- Morning session: from 9:00-noon,(followed by a light lunch).
- Evening session: from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
These prayer sessions will combine some musical worship with much intercession and even an opportunity for a little on-the-street prayer for people, churches and businesses.
[Parking Note: During the morning session we ask that you park either on the west (left) side of our parking lot ONLY (free while spaces last) or on the street (bring quarters or credit cards). Ten (10) hour meters are available south of us near the freeway. During the evening session you are free to use all of Mosaic’s parking lot.]
Thank you for loving our city through prayer!
Saturday, July 20th—Praise in the Parking Lot
We’ve still got about 15 slots open for helpers on this wonderful summer outreach right in our own parking lot. From flipping burgers to setting up the event or praying with people at the event, we’ve got great opportunities for interacting with our neighbors here downtown. So whether you are able to get one of the remaining slots for ministry or just want to come down and hang out with people, please keep praying that God will use this event to draw our neighbors into the life of Jesus.
Time: 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Thursday-Saturday, July 25-27—Mosaic Camping @ Boundary Dam Campground
If you’ve seen the pictures, you know this is going to be beautiful…but only if you are there to enjoy it. The Boundary Dam Campground just underwent a multi-million dollar renovation. While the 22 camping sites are all free, it’s on a first-come, first-serve basis (only 6 consecutive nights allowed). So start praying for open spots and start packing your camping gear. This non-structured time allows us to rest, enjoy nature, bond in fellowship and share in the goodness of the Lord as we hear about what God is doing in the lives of individuals.
- Pastor Bob’s grandson, Tyler, survived the amputation of both legs last weekend. He is making progress and now conscious but still in the ICU in critical condition from the over a dozen gunshot wounds. Continue to pray for him, his family and Bob’s strength in leading his family through this crisis.
- One of our families at Changing Lives, Horace & Donna and their 5 kids, are experiencing a family crisis that needs our love. Donna, in her 5th month of pregnancy, is contending with a broken hip and is confined to bed…yes, with 5 little ones at home and her husband working! This all means their family is in a bit of a crisis for the next few months of recovery and the delivery. If you would like to help by providing a meal, donating some time to help with housework or shuttling kids, please go to this link at https://mealtrain.com/q85245 and sign-up on their MealTrain website. This is putting feet to our faith and love to our family.
- This Sunday I’ll be preaching from Philippians 4:10-13, a passage that has tons of practical direction about how to live a properly contented life in Christ. May our hearts be prepared and receptive for all God wants to pour out on us as we together worship Him in spirit and truth this weekend.